DANCE PROFESSIONALS FROM 2019
Born in the Philippines, Allan Alday moved to Jacksonville in 1982. He started his professional dancing career in 1991 as an instructor and later, in 2001, became the owner of Dance Alday Ballroom & Latin Studio in Ponte Vedra Beach. He competed professionally with three different dance partners and has won Pro Rising Star in American Rhythm. Allan currently competes throughout the United States with his students in the Pro-Am division in all four styles; American Smooth, American Rhythm, International Ballroom and International Latin. His passion and extraordinary ability to teach has led him to receive numerous awards as being one of the top teachers in the nation, and he has won numerous scholarships monies with his students in many prestigious competitions.
His major accomplishments include:
- United States Ballroom Championship Regional Series Top Teacher Grand Finalist
- United States Pro-Am Rhythm Champion and Smooth, Standard, and Latin Finalist
- Six-Times First Coast Classic Top Teacher Recipient and Sixteen-Times Finalist
- Four-Times The Dancer’s Cup Circuit Top Teacher Finalist
- World Masters Pro-Am Smooth, Rhythm, Latin, Standard, 9 & 10-Dance Champion
- American Rhythm Rising Star Champion First Coast Ballroom Dancesport Championships
- United States Ballroom Championship Top Standard Teacher Finalist
- Florida Classic Series Top Teacher Finalist
- Choreographer – Local production of “Six Dance Lesson In Six Weeks“
A lover of several different dance styles, Sean has also trained and performed in Latin dances, Argentine tango, west coast swing, rueda de casino and dancehall.
Outside of dance, Sean earned his bachelor degree in Finance and graduate degree in Real Estate Development from the University of Miami and has also spent several years working with local organizations to improve the quality of the Florida public school system.
Carolyn is the owner of Monarch Ballroom Ponte Vedra, specializing in ballroom and latin instruction in St Johns County, where she lives with her family. Having danced since childhood, her training includes classical ballet, tap, jazz and contemporary as well as ballroom and latin styles. Performing live has always been a joy, with opportunities including performing with the Australian Opera Company and for Sydney based companies in Japan and Thailand before sailing the Caribbean with Carnival Cruise Lines. Carolyn has placed in both American Rhythm, and American Smooth styles since focusing on ballroom dancing, as well as competing Pro-Am with her students. With many years of teaching and performance experience, Carolyn is pleased to be able to participate in First Coast Dancing With The Stars supporting Beaches Fine Arts Series.
Monarch Ballroom & Dance Studio Ponte Vedra